So, what is the Facebook code generator all about? The Code Generator is a fantastic security feature that was made for the Facebook app and it’s used with two-factor authentication. Knowing how to use Facebook Code Generator for your mobile device can help you keep your account details safe, especially from those who might want to create a fake Facebook account with your personal details
What is the Facebook Code Generator
Before I show you how to use Facebook Code Generator, it only makes sense to explain what Facebook Code Generator is.
The Facebook Code Generator is a two-factor authentication security feature that helps protect your Facebook account in addition to your password.
If you choose to set up two-factor authentication, Facebook will ask you to enter a special login code or confirm your login attempt anytime someone tries accessing your Facebook account from a desktop browser or Mobile device that’s not recognised by Facebook.
This means if you sign in to your Facebook account on a new/different desktop or mobile device, you will need to enter a six-digit authentication code generated by your Facebook account, that’ll be sent to your designated mobile number either by text or a call.
The Facebook Code Generator is currently available for all Facebook app installed on an Android or iOS devices.
The Facebook Code Generator works on your mobile device even if you don’t have the means to receive text messages on your mobile phone. This fantastic security feature can also be useful if you ever need to reset your password.
How do I get the 6 Digit Code for Facebook?
You’ll need to make sure you have the Facebook app downloaded before you can use the Code Generator on Facebook feature. It’s easy to navigate to the Code Generator on Facebook; follow the step-by-step guide below to learn how to access the Facebook code generator.
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android and click on the hamburger menu icon at the top right corner of your Facebook app.
2. Next scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Settings and privacy.
3. In the drop-down menu select Code Generator, it has a key icon. This will open up a new page with a six-digit code, the code refreshes every 60 seconds.
4. If for any reason your code doesn’t work you can try typing the code again or tap My code doesn’t work on your mobile device, then tap Reset to get a new code.
How to use Code Generator on Facebook
Before you use the Facebook Code Generator, you’ll need to enable two-factor authentication. Without this extra layer of security on Facebook, you only need your username or email address and password to log into your Facebook account.
1. Log into your Facebook account on a new iPhone, Android, or desktop device. You will get prompted to verify your account on a new page.
2. Click Continue, you’ll then be required to enter the 6-digit code for the two-factor authentication.
3.Open the Facebook app on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device and click on the hamburger menu icon at the top right corner of your Facebook app.
4. Next, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Settings and privacy.
5. In the drop-down menu select Code Generator, it has a key icon. This will open up a new page with a six-digit code, the code refreshes every 60 seconds. You can copy or write this code.
6. Go back to the new web browser or device you’re using to access your Facebook account and then enter the 6-digit number you have just copied from the Facebook code generator in the Login Code field and then click Continue.
7. You will get a screen that’ll ask if you want to remember the Browser, you can either choose to save this browser if you’d always log into Facebook from that device, or choose not to save if that was a one-time login.
8. Click Continue and you’ll be taken to your Facebook account home screen.
Facebook Code Generator Bypass
You can bypass the Facebook code generator if you’d rather not use it when trying to login to your Facebook account and it’s very easy to do, a lot easier than blocking someone on Facebook or trying to change your name on Facebook
If you don’t want to use Facebook code generator and want to bypass the Facebook code generator, then I suggest you another way of getting codes.
1. When you get the dialog box to enter the 6-digit authentication code that you’ve set up on your Facebook account, tap Need another way to authenticate at the bottom of the box.
2. This will open a new dialog box that provides other ways you can authenticate your Facebook account, at the bottom, tap Skip and turn off two-factor authentication.
3. Next, tap Turn off security codes, this will bypass the codes and open your Facebook account, if you have set the two-factor authentication more than a week from when you are requesting a bypass, you’ll have to enter your Facebook password to logging to your Facebook account.
Facebook Code Generator App
Before you install a third-party app for the Facebook code generator, you need to know that you can only add a third-party authentication app or other two-factor authentication methods if you already have access to your Facebook account. If you cannot sign in to your Facebook account, downloading an app won’t help try recovering your Facebook account first.
Please follow these steps to use a third-party authentication app for login codes:
1 Go to the play store or app store and download a third-party authentication app on your mobile phone, for the best result: download the app on the mobile phone you normally use to access your Facebook account. Recommended apps by Facebook are Google Authenticator and Duo Mobile.
2. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone/Android and click on the hamburger menu icon at the top right corner on your Facebook app.
3. Next scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Settings and privacy.
4. Tap Settings, under Security Menu, tap Security and Login.
5. Next, Scroll down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit. Facebook may ask you to re-enter your password at this stage.
6. Click Use Authentication App when you’re asked to choose your security method and then click continue.
Enter the code on your facebook account in the authentication app and then click Continue to finish the setup.
Facebook Code Generator not Sending SMS
If you are not receiving your Facebook code, you may want to check that you have entered your mobile number correctly and that you can receive text messages with no issues. You could request a call instead if you are not getting the Facebook codes as a text message.