In this article, I will provide a step-by-step guide on how to reverse a video on TikTok. Until I got the hang of all the cool features on TikTok, they were like rocket science to me, lol. I used to always wonder; how did they manage to do that!
So, no matter your reason for wanting to know how to reverse a video on TikTok, just know it’s very easy to do. You will soon be able to do that trending TikTok challenge or just share something funny with your TikTok followers.
How to Reverse your own Video on TikTok
It’s really easy to put a video in reverse on TikTok;
1. Open the TikTok app on your phone.
2. You can either tap the + icon at the bottom of the app to record a video or upload a prerecorded video you want to reverse from your gallery.
3. When you’re done recording or have selected a video from your phone’s gallery, tap the red check mark icon, then tap Next.
4. When you’ve tapped Next, select Effects (a clock-like icon) at the bottom of the screen.
5. Tap Time, then tap Reverse. You’ll get a preview of your reversed video, the video will start playing backwards.
6. If you are happy with the changes you have made click on Save in the top-right corner of the screen. Tap Next again on the next page if you don’t want to add another effect to the video, then click on Post to upload the video.
How to Reverse Someone Else’s TikTok Video
Follow these steps to learn how to reverse a video on TikTok that was shared by someone else;
1. Open the TikTok app on your phone, search for and download/save the video you want to reverse.
2. Tap the + icon at the bottom of the app and then tap upload to get the TikTok video you just saved in your gallery.
3. After selecting the video, tap Next at the top of the screen and then Effects at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap Time, then tap Reverse. You’ll get a preview of your reversed video, the video will start playing backwards.
5. If you are happy with the changes you have made click on Save in the top-right corner of the screen.
6. Tap Next again on the next page if you don’t want to add another effect, then click on Post to upload the video.
If the video you want to reverse can’t be saved because it’s been disabled by the TikTok user, you can easily copy the URL of the video and insert it in a third-party website called Kapwing (you can reverse any video using this website). once you’ve saved the reversed video post as you normally would on TikTok.
How to Reverse Video and Sound on TikTok
There’s currently no feature or effect on TikTok that can reverse video and sound. But there are some third-party websites that can easily get the job done. The video and sound will perfectly run backward in unison. You can either use Filmora Wondershare or Kapwing.
1. Copy the URL of the video you want to reverse from TikTok app.
2. Paste the URL into the video editing website.
3. Set the speed and the duration of the video, you may also need to define the aspect ratio of the video.
4. Tap Create and then tap Ok to save the changes.
5. Play the video you’ve just reversed. See if the video and sound was successfully reversed before exporting the file to your gallery.
6. Post the video like you would on TikTok.
If you not sure how to delete a comment on TikTok, simply click here to get a step-by-step guide on how to do so. I hope you’ve found this guide on how to reverse a video on TikTok useful. Let me know in the comment section.