Knowing how to make a group chat can save us a lot of time and effort. This is especially true when we are trying to broadcast a message to a lot of participants for an event such as a birthday, wedding, meeting, or even just hanging out with a group of friends.
If you know how to make a group chat, it will reduce the time you’d have spent contacting everyone on your contact list individually, you can easily just add all those you’d like to share your message with to a group and save yourself some time.
How to Make a Group Chat on iPhone
If you own an iPhone, there are three types of group messages you may be able to use on your iPhone device; you can choose to use the group iMessage, group SMS, or the group MMS. The iPhone messaging app will instinctively choose the type of group message to send based on your iPhone’s message settings, your phone’s network connection, and also your network provider plan.
How to Make a Group Chat on iMessage
Group iMessages appear in blue text bubbles. If you and your recipients are using Apple devices and iMessage is turned on, the group message you send will be sent as an iMessage. The iMessage chat goes through Apple and not your network provider, the chats are also protected by end-to-end encryption.
In a group iMessage, everyone can give the group name, add or remove people from the group, mute notification or leave the group. Anyone can also see all responses from the group, send and receive photos, videos, and audio messages.
1. Search for the messaging app on your iPhone from the home screen. It’s an icon white text bubble inside a green box, tap the Compose button
2. Look for the To: side of the message box, enter the names of the group chat participants or tap the Add button
3. Next, enter your message and when you’re happy with your composed message, tap the Send button
To give your group chat a name, simply tap the top of the group conversation, tap the info tab and then tap Enter a Group Name, tap Done to save the name.
You can also easily remove someone from a group text.
How to Make a Group Chat on Messenger
1 Open the Messenger app on your mobile phone. If you’d rather not download the app, there is a way you can login to messenger without the app.
3. Tap Create a new group just below the search bar, add participants to the new group either by searching for a name through the search bar or by scrolling down the Facebook friends list and tapping on the name of anyone you’d like to add to the new group.
4. Tap NEXT at the top right corner of the Messenger screen, you’ll need to add at least two participants before you can tap NEXT.
5. Name your new chat, this is required to create your new messenger group on Facebook. Tap CREATE after naming your new chat.
6. You can start sending messages to all the participants, just type your message and tap
How to Make a Group Chat on Facebook
Starting a group chat on Facebook when using a web browser works slightly differently from Facebook Messenger. You need to go into a conversation you’ve already started with someone and add more participants to create a group chat.
2. Open the conversation that you’d like to add more participants to and click
3. Next, click Create Group, it will create a new chat box, in the To: box type in the name of a new participant and select them from the list. You need to repeat this step for every person you want to add.
4. Finally, type in your message in the message box and tap the send icon to send your message.
How to Make a Group Chat on Instagram
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile phone, and on the homepage tap the paper plane icon
2. Tap the pen in a square box icon at the top right corner.
3. You can go through your Instagram followers list and tapping on the person’s name to add participants to the New message or you can search for a participant from the To tab.
4. Tap Chat when you’re done adding all the participants to start your Group chat. Type in your message and tap Send.
How to Make a Group Chat on Snapchat
1 Open the Snapchat app on your mobile phone.
2. Next, go to the list of Friends page and tap on the chat icon at the bottom of the page and then tap the speech bubble at the top right corner of the page.
3. Tap New Group, then tap the names of the friends you’ll like to add to your new Group chat. Tap Chat with Group when you’re done.