OfferUp claims to be the simplest, most trusted way to buy and sell locally. This used to be true a few years ago, but currently, the buying and selling platform based in the US is full of fraudulent people trying to steal your personal information such as your email or even your bank details. In this article, I will show you how to delete OfferUp account, I will also provide answers to frequently asked questions about OfferUp.
How to Delete OfferUp Account
If you have signed up to OfferUp, you cannot delete your account, you can only deactivate it. It’s even more annoying to know that you can only deactivate it on a web browser and not on the mobile app.
- 1. open any web browser on your mobile phone or computer device and enter the URL in your address bar; https://offerup.com/accounts/login/?next=/accounts/deactivate/
- 2. Log into your OfferUp account using your username and password.
- 3. Next, Choose the reason for leaving OfferUp.
- 4. Click Deactivate my Account button.
- 5. You’ll see a pop-up message asking you to confirm your deactivation of OfferUp account request.
- 6. Tap the Yes, I’m sure button.
- 7. The next message will be a pop-up stating your account has been successfully deactivated, click on the Done button.
- 8. If for any reason you’d like to reactivate your OfferUp account in the future, simply login to your account and reactivate it.
OfferUp Customer Service
If you ever need to contact OfferUp Customer Service, you can reach them using the following methods;
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can reach OfferUp on social through Twitter Support
You can also send a private Facebook Message hopefully someone gets back to you.
OfferUp Customer Service Number
There is currently no known customer service phone number for OfferUp, well I don’t know one. If you have managed to reach OfferUp customer service by phone, please leave a comment with the OfferUp phone number so I can update this article🙂.
Are there scams on OfferUp? Yes, there are. There have been so many reported scams on OfferUp, it’s no surprise so many people with an OfferUp account are looking for ways to learn how to delete OfferUp account. But OfferUp can also be safe to use.
There are still some trustworthy sellers on OfferUp and you might be able to grab a good bargain, just ensure you are careful and don’t part with your hard-earned money or any personal information easily without triple checking that the buyer is legit.
How do I report a problem on OfferUp?
- 1. Open your OfferUp account using the mobile, go to your inbox, and then open the Messages tab.
- 2. Navigate to the message from the OfferUp user you’d like to report.
- 3. If you are using an Android phone, tap the Report button at the top of the Message.
- 4. For iOS mobile phone users, tap the three dots icon at the top of the Message and then tap Report.
- 5. Tap Submit to submit your Report.
OfferUp Download and Login
In order to use OfferUp, you’ll need to install, download the app on your mobile phone and complete the OfferUp sign-up process, there is no OfferUp app for PC.
To download the OfferUp app on your Android phone, tap here.
To download the OfferUp app on your iOS phone, tap here.
OfferUp and Letgo
OfferUp and Letgo used to be different buying and selling platforms, but now there is an OfferUp and Letgo Merge, they are now one account.
If you don’t have an OfferUp account and just a Letgo account, you will need to make sure you download the new OfferUp & Letgo app if you want to continue buying and selling.
Letgo is joining OfferUp because; “we have the opportunity to combine the strengths of both marketplaces to create a bigger and better experience for buyers and sellers. Sellers can reach more buyers and sell faster on our new combined marketplace and buyers get access to more deals”.
How to Delete OfferUp Messages
There is currently no option to delete messages on OfferUp, but you can hide the messages instead and it doesn’t take up extra space in your inbox.
To hide a message on OfferUp,
- 1 Tap Inbox, then tap Messages.
- 2. if you use an iOS phone, swipe left on the message you’d like to hide, then tap Hide.
- 3. For Android users swipe left until you see Hide, then release.
OfferUp offers a free service for posting and browsing items. Items bought with cash are also free for both sellers and buyers on OfferUp.
If you have to ship an item to a buyer, you may be charged service fees or shipping costs when the item is sold. When you try to sell an item, any applicable cost will be shown to the seller when listing the item, or to the buyer when making an offer.
If you want to list a vehicle, sellers can list 1 vehicle per month at no charge. Starting with the fourth post each month, the seller pays a fee to list each vehicle.
What happens when you delete your OfferUp account?
Deleting/deactivating your OfferUp account will make it no longer accessible. You will lose access to all your previously listed and archived items on OffferUp. Any message exchange you have had with other buyers/sellers will also be lost.
OfferUp vs Facebook Market
Overall, Facebook Marketplace performs better than OfferUp, this is simply because your listing gets seen by a lot more people on Facebook due to the massive number of Facebook users.
OfferUp is good because you can sell your items Nationwide. That’s a bit difficult to achieve on the Facebook marketplace.
The downside of the Facebook marketplace is that it is connected to your Facebook account, it’s easy for Facebook sellers and buyers to pry into your Facebook account and if you have a public profile, they can easily view personal information on Facebook such as your Facebook story. It’s also possible that someone might create a fake Facebook account with your personal information.
There are other OfferUp like apps such as Craigslist that you can also explore, would have mentioned Let go, but you know there is now an OfferUp Letgo merge.
There are other things to cover about OfferUp, if there is any particular information you need to know, please drop me a message.