Chegg is one of the leading student-first connected learning platforms that has a mission to help every student achieve their best in school and beyond. If you are no longer a student or no longer need the service, then you’d most likely want to know how to delete a Chegg account.
In this article, I will share the step-by-step guide on how to permanently delete your Chegg account.
Table of Contents
How to Delete a Chegg Account
Deleting your Chegg account and canceling your Chegg subscription are two different processes. You should only delete your Chegg account if you no longer wish to use the service completely.
You can cancel your Chegg subscription and still have access to the free services offered on Chegg such as Flashcards and writing tools, and also having access to order textbooks. You also will be able to reactivate your subscription easily and save yourself the stress of creating a new Chegg account.
Now that you’re aware, if you still want to Delete your Chegg account, please follow these steps on how to delete a Chegg account.
There are two ways you can delete your Chegg account. You can either send a direct email to the Chegg Customer Service team or fill out the account deletion form on a web browser.
Method 1: How to Delete a Chegg Account by Filling the Web Form
- 1. Log into your Chegg account on a web browser.
- 2. Go to My Account at the top right corner.
- 3. Click Orders to check for any open transactions.
- 4. Cancel any active subscriptions, and return rented books
- 5. Finally, fill out this form Privacy Web Form.
- 6. Enter your First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- 7. Select Data Deletion Request under Select request type.
- 8. Click Submit.
- 9. Confirm your identity by clicking the email sent to you.
- 10. Your Request will start after you click confirm.
Method 2: How to Delete a Chegg Account by Sending Email
1. Open the email account you’ve used to create an account on Chegg and tap on the tab for Compose an Email.
2. In the Subject tab you can write; Request to Delete my Chegg Account.
3. In the Send To tab, enter the email address email@example.com
4. Compose the email, it doesn’t have to be so professional, and you are not mandated to even give a reason. It can be as simple as ” please delete my Chegg account as I no longer have a need for this service”.
5. Before you hit the send button, ensure you do not have any open transactions on your Chegg account. You can check this by clicking on this link for Chegg Orders. You need to have returned every rented textbook and gotten a receipt confirmation before your account deletion request will be done.
Also, you will need to wait for the rental period of any eTextbook you have to expire before you can close your Chegg account.
6. If you have met all the conditions above, simply send the email to the designated address, a Chegg customer service member will contact you by email with an outcome.
7. When your Chegg account has been deleted, your personal information will be removed from the Chegg website and if you ever need the service again, you’ll need to create a new Chegg account.
How long does it take to delete Chegg account?
It takes Chegg Customer support approximately a week to delete a Chegg user’s account permanently. If you have a Chegg subscription and would also like to cancel your Chegg account, make sure you send a request at least 7 days before your new subscription is due, or before your free Chegg trial ends to avoid being charged.
Does deleting Chegg account delete data?
Yes! Deleting your Chegg account will delete every data or personal information you have on the Chegg site. All your information in My Account will be deleted and if you ever need to use to service again, you will need to create a new Chegg account.
How do I permanently delete my Chegg account?
To permanently delete your Chegg account, you will need to fill out the Chegg Privacy Web Form and choose “Data deletion request.”
How do I delete my Chegg data?
If you choose to delete your Chegg data, your Chegg account will also be deleted. If you are happy with this, you will need to fill out the Chegg Privacy Web Form and choose “Data deletion request.”
You can join the Chegg Facebook Touch page and have a live chat with Chegg support.
How do I remove my credit card info from Chegg?
- Open your Chegg account on a web browser.
- Go to My Account at the top right corner.
- Click on Payment Info.
- You can either Add, update, or remove payment methods.
- Remove your credit card information and click save.
What happens when I delete my Chegg account?
When you delete your Chegg account, all your data on Chegg will be deleted. If you think you will still have a need for Chegg services, you can cancel your Chegg subscription instead and simply log in to your Chegg account when next you need it.
If you have bought some books from Chegg and would like to sell them, you will need to do so before deleting your Chegg account. If you have already deleted your Chegg account, there are other ways you can sell the books. Read this article on how to sell on Mercari, to get insights on one of the other options you have.