It can sometimes be so challenging to get all the information you need about a website in one place, we often have to open one page after another. You may have noticed that to also be the case on Chegg.
We came up with the idea to provide an answer to frequently asked questions about Chegg, so in this article. You will find the answer to questions that have been asked the most about this online learning platform for students or anyone looking to gain knowledge.
Table of Contents
What is Chegg
Chegg is a tech-based educational company that provides digital and physical used and new textbooks for sale and rent. They also provide online tutoring, they help students with homework, project writing, and these services are based on subscription.
The company was launched in 2005 and is based in Santa Clara, California. They currently have over 3 million subscribers and are listed on the New York stock exchange.
Chegg subscription is broken down into three types;
A. Chegg Study
- This costs $14.95 for a monthly subscription.
- You get 32 million Expert Q&As and Textbook Solutions.
- It comes with guided video explanations.
B. Chegg Math Solver
- This costs $9.95 for a monthly subscription.
- You also get Steps and sub-steps for equations.
- You can Input your custom equation.
- And have access to Graphing calculator.
C. Chegg Writing
- You get expert help citing your paper.
- It costs $9.95 for a monthly subscription.
- You can check your paper for plagiarism.
- You can check your paper for grammar mistakes.
Chegg Study Pack
This study pack combines all the Chegg tools in a bundle. You can get the three subscriptions above for $19.95. The Study Pack also comes with the benefits to ask 20 questions every month and gain access to Practice problems as long as you don’t cancel your subscription.
Chegg Free Account
Chegg does not offer a free service. If you are new to Chegg, you can sign up for the free trial that gives you 28 days of access to all the services on Chegg.
When your trial period expires, To gain access to Chegg premium service you need to pay $19.95 a month.
If you don’t want to pay a monthly subscription fee, remember you entered your payment information when you sign up for the free trial, it’s important to remember to cancel your free trial subscription before the end date so you don’t get charged.
One way around getting free trials on Chegg is by using different accounts to sign up. You can also get temporary emails from temporary email provider services such as mailnator.com, tempmail.com, emailondeck.com, and fakemail.net. There are others out there, a simple search on google with get you a list.
How to get Chegg Free Answers
They are a few websites that can provide free answers to Questions on Chegg.
- Post a question on Reddit, someone might be generous enough to provide you an answer.
- Just like Reddit, you can also post your question on Quora.
- Take advantage of the free 4 weeks trial provided.
Alternative to Chegg
There are quite a number of alternatives to Chegg that offer a great online learning platform for students. Some of them are free whilst some require you to pay a certain subscription amount. We’ll start with the free options.
Khan academy is a great alternative to Chegg. Before you pay for a subscription, you need to try out Khan Academy, you might end up not needing to pay for any subscription.
Khan academy is a non-profit free for all academic platform and they also have a fantastic rating. Khan academy is not restricted to any location, you can gain access and sign up for an account from anywhere in the world.
If you cannot afford to pay the high cost of online tutoring, learn to be is a great online platform that you can sign up to.
Learn to be is completely free as it’s a non-profit organisation. It also offers a low-cost service for students who are willing to pay; this means you choose to pay if you want to.
The downside about Learn to be is that you don’t get an on-demand tutoring service. You will need to fill out an application form which has several sections that different parties need to complete before you can get a tutor.
Skooli is another online tutoring platform that offers educational support to students. Skooli is not free, but it doesn’t have a subscription plan.
You can register for free on Skooli. But if you need a tutor, Skooli offers a pay-as-you-go pricing plan that starts from $0.82 per minute. It’s a good online tutoring platform for students who don’t need constant help with schoolwork or those who just need last-minute help.
Skooli also offers 24/7 access to online tutors and they have tutors for all subjects and even some business and ESL courses. It’s a suitable alternative to Chegg.
Club Z is not a free service. It is a paid online tutoring platform that is committed to making the right match between the students and the tutors. When you sign up for Club Z, you get to choose a tutor. Students chat with tutors online to see if they will be a brilliant match.
Club Z will refund the first hour you have booked if you are not satisfied with the tutor you were matched with. You can find online tutors for music lessons and also for children as young as 3.
Club Z is quite an expensive online tutoring platform with a basic plan starting at $242 for 4 hours of tutoring.
Chegg Live Tutor
When you sign up for the monthly subscription or take advantage of the 4 week free trial period, you can request a live tutor.
The online tutors are available 24/7 whenever you want no matter your location. When you request an online tutor, you’ll get matched with tutors that specialise in your subject area that are currently online.
You can start working with an online tutor within 5 minutes of making a request for one. There are several ways you can communicate with your online tutor; text, video, or audio. Ensure you have a good Wi-Fi/internet connection and a working computer or smartphone.
Chegg Customer Service
You can contact Chegg customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will always find someone you can chat with about any issue you might have with your account.
There is also a thoroughly detailed Help Center page that has answers to the frequently asked questions about your account/ subscription.
There are also some other ways you can get in touch with the Customer service team;
- You can chat with them on their Facebook page via Facebook Messenger.
- If you don’t have the Facebook messenger app, you can learn how to login to messenger without app.
- You can message them on Twitter for an almost instant response.
- You can use the live chat option on their contact us page.
Chegg Phone Number
- Go to Chegg contact us page.
- In the white tab type Phone number.
- Select Calls next to still have questions.
- Copy the number that shows ( 855-440-1323) and ring.
- You’ll speak to a customer support team member.
Chegg Cancel Subscription
- Login to your account on a desktop computer.
- Go to My Account at the top right corner.
- Click on orders and search for subscription.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap cancel subscription and it’ll open a new page.
- Select an option for why you’re cancelling.
- Confirm you want to cancel your subscription.
- You will still have access to Chegg for the rest of your billing period.
If you would like to delete your account, you can read this article on how to delete a Chegg account.