Previously on Facebook, you can block someone without unfriending them. In the new settings, if you block someone on Facebook you automatically unfriend them.
So, if you are hoping to discreetly unblock someone after blocking them, it won’t be totally possible. Even though Facebook won’t notify them you’ve blocked them, you’ll need to send them a friend request again before you can engage with them on Facebook.
Also, if you block someone on Facebook and then unblock them, you will need to wait 48 hours before you can be friends with them again.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook with PC
To unblock someone on Facebook, you need to find the list of Blocked Facebook users on your Facebook account.
1. Click on Account
2. Next, in the drop-down menu, click on Settings & privacy with the gear icon, then click on Settings.
3. Next, click Blocking in the left side menu.
4. In the Block users section under Manage Blocking, find the name of the person you want to unblock and then click the blue Unblock link beside the name.
5. Click Confirm to unblock that person.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook Messenger
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone and click on your photo icon at the top left corner.
2. Scroll down the menu options, under preferences click on Privacy.
3. Next, click Blocked accounts, you’ll get a list of Facebook users you’ve blocked.
4. Search the list for the person you’d like to unblock and tap their name.
5. You can either choose to Unblock on Facebook or Unblock on Messenger. Unblock on Messenger will be grayed-out if you’ve blocked them on Facebook.
Blocking someone on Facebook Messenger doesn’t block them completely from your Facebook account, you don’t need to send them a friend request.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook on Facebook app
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone/Android and click on the hamburger menu icon at the top right corner of your Facebook app.
2. Next scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Settings and privacy.
3. In the drop-down menu, click on Settings and then Blocking under Privacy.
4 Next, under Blocked people, search for the name of the person on your Blocked list you want to unblock.
5. Tap Unblock next to the person’s name, tap Unblock again to confirm.
How do I find my blocked list on Facebook?
To find the blocked list on your Facebook account, simply follow the guide on how to unblock someone on Facebook above. You will get the list of everyone you’ve blocked.
What happens when you block someone on Facebook and then unblock them?
When you block someone on Facebook and then unblock them, you will need to send them a new friend request, this is because blocking someone on Facebook automatically unfriends them (they will no longer be your friend on Facebook).
How many times can I block and unblock someone on Facebook?
If you block someone and then decide to unblock them, you’ll need to wait at least 48 hours before you can block that person again.
Why can’t I send a friend request after unblocking someone on Facebook?
If you can’t send a friend request after unblocking someone on Facebook, it might be because you need to wait at least 48 hours before you can send a friend request.
If you have waited for over 48 hours and still can’t send a friend request, the person you’re trying to send a friend request to have most likely blocked you on Facebook.
How can you tell if you have been blocked on Facebook?
You can tell if you have been blocked by a Facebook friend when you cannot send them a message on Facebook Messenger, or you can’t tag them in a post, you can’t see their post, you can’t invite them to an event, or a group and you also can’t send them a friend request.