The internet, social media to be precise can be a good and a bad thing at the same time. So many people have had an encounter with scammers, bullies, or fraudulent people on social media platforms such as Facebook Touch, IMVU desktop, and Instagram, therefore it’s great to know how many reports on Instagram can delete an account.
There are so many reasons why people report Instagram accounts, some of these reasons are even malicious, meaning a business on Instagram might try to damage their competition on Instagram by making false accusations about the business to Instagram police.
Due to the fact that not all reports on Instagram are genuine, they usually do some checks before they ban an Instagram account, let’s outline the legit reasons why an account could be reported and banned on Instagram.
Table of Contents
Reasons why Instagram Block Accounts
There are several reasons why Instagram may block a reported account, If an Instagram account is reported for violating any of these policies and there’s substantial proof, the account will get disabled.
- Abuse: this is the biggest and most common reason why Instagram accounts get reported, and abuse might be any kind of cyberbullying, intimidation, vulgarity, and racism. You can report an account and get it banned for any of such reasons.
- Promoting and Selling Illegal products.
- Plagiarism: You can report an Instagram account if they have copied your content without your permission.
- Spam Comments and Messages; You can report an Instagram account for posting spam comments on your page or direct messaging you with spam messages.
- Inappropriate or Sexual Explicit Contents; Instagram takes this very seriously and will ban account that’s found posting these types of contents on its platform.
- Violence:- You can report an Instagram account that posts messages or images that promotes violence on humans or animals.
- Identity fraud:- You can report an account that is impersonating you or someone you know.
How Many Reports on Instagram can Delete an Account
To be totally honest, there is no definite number of reports that can be placed to get an Instagram account deleted. Instagram carries out checks when an account is reported, the checks could be done by bots or actual humans, it depends on the severity of the policy violation.
When the reports are evaluated, a single report may get an Instagram account deleted, it may also take up to 3 to 5 genuine reports to get an Instagram account deleted or banned from the platform.
Can you see who reported you on Instagram?
No, you cannot, whoever reports your account on Instagram remains anonymous.
How do you know if your Instagram is banned?
If your Instagram account has been blocked, you won’t be able to gain access to it. When you try to log in to your Instagram account, you will see a pop-up message that says you have been temporarily blocked. If you think your Instagram account was disabled by mistake, you can appeal the decision by opening the app, entering your username and password, and following the on-screen instructions.
What happens if you get banned from Instagram?
When you get banned on Instagram, you won’t be able to gain access to your Instagram account, this means you won’t be able to like, comment, or share your post or someone else’s.
How long is a temporary block on Instagram?
The length of a temporary block on Instagram depends on the reason why you have been blocked and also if you are a repeat offender. A temporary block on Instagram can be for just a few hours or up to 48 hours.