How to Cancel an Order on Etsy, Complete Guide 2022
In this article, I will share how to cancel an order on Etsy. In case you are new to the world of Etsy, Etsy is simply an online marketplace for selling not only distinctive custom-made pieces but also vintage treasures by individual sellers. Etsy just like Mecari helps its community of sellers turn their ideas into successful businesses. You can click this link to learn how to sell on Mecari.
“The Etsy platform connects sellers with millions of buyers looking for an alternative – something special with a human touch, for those moments in life that deserve imagination.”
How to Cancel an Order on Etsy as a Seller
- Go to Etsy.com, log in with your login credentials, and click on Shop Manager.
- Next tap Orders & Delivery.
- To access the Cancel an order page on a desktop, click the three-dot icon next to the order you want to cancel.
- To access the Cancel an order page on a desktop/Mobile web click More actions in the Order Detail overlay
- Next, click Cancel.
- Select a reason for the cancellation from the dropdown. You’ll then be able to see the refund amount due to the buyer.
- In the text box below the buyer’s refund total, you can write an optional message to your buyer.
- Click Cancel order.
How to Cancel an Order on Etsy as a Buyer
You can follow the steps below to cancel an order on Etsy if your order has not been shipped by the seller.
- Log into your account on Etsy.com on a desktop or mobile phone.
- Next, at the top right-hand of the Home page tap “Your Account.”
- From the dropdown menu, open the “Purchases and Reviews” section.
- Next, select the order that you need to cancel.
- Look for the “Not shipped” order status on the right side.
- Locate the “Request Cancellation link under the order status and click on it.
- This will populate an auto-generated message for the seller, you could edit the message if necessary.
- Tap submit, then wait for a response from the seller.
How to Cancel an Order on Etsy as a Buyer (Shipped)
If your order has already been shipped by the seller, the only way to cancel your order on Etsy is by contacting the seller and hoping they agree to cancel your order which will most likely not happen.
According to Etsy, “You may be able to cancel your order depending on the shop’s policies. If you want to cancel, the seller you purchased from is the best person to help you with. Each seller on Etsy manages their own orders and makes decisions about cancellations, refunds, and returns. Learn more about getting help with your order“.
Can I cancel an Etsy order before it ships?
Yes, it’s very possible to cancel your Etsy order before it ships, make sure to contact the seller on time and try to take a screenshot of the page on your order status where it says “Not shipped”.
Does Etsy charge for cancellation?
No, there is no charge for canceling an order placed on the Etsy website.