On February 14th every year, we celebrate our loved ones by spending time together, buying gifts, and sharing heart-melting Valentine’s day quotes and messages.
Valentine’s Day Meaning and History
Valentine’s day is a day when lovers and loved ones express their feelings with gifts and wordings.
It is also referred to as St. Valentine’s Day and celebrated on the 14th of February every year. Valentine’s Day originated in the Roman festival of Lupercalia which is held in mid-February.
Truth is, there are so many versions of the origin of Valentine’s day and how it started. You can find more information here.
That being said, We have all accepted Valentine’s day as a day set aside to celebrate those we care about. One good way to do that is to send them lovely Valentine’s day quotes.
Funny Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “I’ll shave my legs for you, Happy Valentine’s Day!” – Unknown
- “I love you just the way I am” – Unknown
- “I’m so glad you’re my emergency contact person” – Unknown
- “If you were a bogey, I’d pick you!” – Unknown
- “I love you like a fat kid loves cake!” – Unknown
- “Love is a grave mental disease.” – Plato
- “I’m glad you’re as weird as me! Happy Valentine’s Day!” – Unknown
- “Rose are red, Violets are blue, Vodka costs less, Than a dinner for two” – Unknown
- “I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known.” – Walt Disney
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” – Charles M. Schulz
- “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudnern
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde
- “True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.” – Erich Segal
- “I want a man who’s kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?” – Zsa Zsa Gabor
- “It’s better to have loved and lost than to have to do forty pounds of laundry a week.” – Laurence J. Peter
- “Without Valentine’s Day, February would be…well, January.” – Jim Gaffigan
- “Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.” – James Thurber
- “We learnt boys were dumb when we were young so let’s be each other’s Valentine!” – Unknown
“You’re the French to my toast
- “You’re the biscuit to my tea” – Unknown
- “I know it’s cheesy but we’re meant to brie…” – Unknown
- “Let’s Instagram amazing #selfies together…” – Unknown
- “Let’s get fruity…” – Unknown
- “What the world really needs is more love and less paperwork.” – Pearl Bailey
- “Money can’t buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.” – Christopher Marlowe
- “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?” – Lily Tomlin
- “Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates.” – Fernando Pessoa
- “Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.” – Jules Renard
- “Lord! I wonder what fool it was that first invented kissing.” – Jonathon Swift
Valentine’s Day Love Quotes For Wife
- “Chocolate can’t compete with the sweetness of loving you.” – Unknown
- “The best words I’ve ever said are “I Do”. You’re my world.” – Unknown
- “I know of only one duty, and that is to love” – Albert Camus
- “Thank you for the millions of ways you show your love. You make every day special.” – Unknown
- “I feel like the luckiest person alive when you’re in my arms.” – Unknown
- “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” – Conan Doyle
- “I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes.” – Unknown
- “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
- “In my eyes, you are the most beautiful and tender woman in the whole world. I love you.” – Unknown
- “Love is friendship that has caught on fire” – Ann Landers
- “The little things we share make every day magical.” – Unknown
- “I love you more than you could possibly know.” – Unknown
- “I love you, not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “If I had to dream up the perfect woman, she wouldn’t even come close to you.” – Cory Matthews
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
- “Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There’s too much fraternizing with the enemy.” – Henry Kissinger
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known—and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Valentine’s Day Quotes For Husband
- “I’m so lucky to have found you – my husband, my rock, my best friend.” – Unknown
- “My heart is and always will be yours.” – Unknown
- “You make me feel so loved and protected. I can forget everything when I’m in your arms.” – Unknown
- “I’m much more me when I’m with you.” – Unknown
- “Money is no match for the richness you bring to my life.” – Unknown
- “Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis
- “A life without love is like a year without summer.” – Unknown
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Bronte
- “Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Anna Scott
- “Your words are my food, your breath is my wine. You are everything to me.” – Sarah Bernhardt
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.” – A.A. Milne
- “I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more” – Angelita Lim
Valentine’s Day Quotes For HER
- My wonderful fiancée, soon to be my wife – you’re forever and always the love of my life.” – Unknown
- “After we say “I do”, every day will be like Valentine’s Day.” – Unknown
- “We have our whole lives to love each other and I’ll cherish every second.” – Unknown
- “You’re beautiful inside and out, and I’m so lucky to have you.” – Unknown
- “I can’t wait to be your wife, Happy Valentine’s Day!” – Unknown
- “I can’t wait to be your husband, Happy Valentine’s Day!” – Unknown
Valentine’s Day Quotes For Him
- “As soon as I saw you I knew you were the one.” – Unknown
- “You’re the best thing that ever happened to me.” – Unknown
- “I can’t wait for the day I can call you ‘my husband’ ” – Unknown
- “Because I have you, I have all I’ll ever need.” – Unknown
- “Love is an amazing journey and I’m so glad I’m traveling with you.” – Unknown
- “Sharing love, sharing laughter, looking forward to our happy ever after.” – Unknown
Romantic Valentine’s Day Quotes
- “There is only one happiness in life: to love and be loved.” – George Sand
- “Thank you for always being there.” – Unknown
- “The best thing about my life is sharing it with you.” – Unknown
- “Nobody understands me like you do.” – Unknown
- “Valentine’s Day is the poet’s holiday.” – Ted Koosner
- “Your flaws are perfect for the heart that’s meant to love you.” – Trent Shelton
- “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
- “The art of love…is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis
- “Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet.” – Katharine Lee Bates
- “A flower cannot blossom without sunshine, and man cannot live without love.” – Max Muller
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
Valentine’s Day Quotes for Friends
- “You brighten my day.”
- “Friends are kept forever in the heart.”
- “Who needs Valentine’s with friends like you?”
- “Wishing you a bright and sparkly day!”
- “You make me smile.”
- “You’re my favourite person.”
- “You’re my sunshine on a cloudy day”
- “Sending a whole lot of love your way!”
- “The best thing about me is you.”
- “I hope you have a Valentine’s Day as wonderful as you are!”
- “Valentine’s Day is all about love, so today is a great time to tell you I love you!”
- “Rare as is true love, true friendship is rarer.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” – Henry Van Dyke
- “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
- True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable and always in style.” – Nicole Richie
- “There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.” – Linda Grayson
- “Friends are medicine for a wounded heart, and vitamins for a hopeful soul.” – Steve Maraboli
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – Wiliam Shakespeare
- “Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.” – Elie Wiesel
Valentines Day Quotes For Family
- To me, you’re perfect. Yes, YOU!
- You will forever be mine always.
- My heart is wherever you are.
- You’re my favorite person of all time.
- Words cannot express all that you mean to me.
- My heart is happy because you’re in it.
- “My heart is, and always will be, yours.” – Jane Austen
- A hundred hearts would be too few to carry all my love for you.
- “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “You are like an angel, with a love that always glows; You are one of the greatest gifts my heart will ever know.”
- “The best part of Valentine’s Day is the opportunity to express all the love that I have in my heart for you.”
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
Valentines Day Quotes For Kids
- I have the best Valentine in the whole world. It’s YOU!
- You are the sunshine that makes my day.
- You are amazing just the way you are.
- Valentine’s Day is only once a year, but I love you 365 days per year.
- I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
- You are the kindest and most precious person I’ve ever known.
- Thank you for filling my life with love.
- Thank you for being such a wonderful [son/daughter].
- I love you today and always.
- I’m crazy about you!
- You are my everything.
- You are the sweetest valentine I could have.
- If there is one thing that I’ve done right in my life it’s you.
- I hope you have a Valentine’s Day that is as amazing as you are.
- Thank you for making my Valentine’s Day so special.
- I prayed for God to send me a [son/daughter] who is truly amazing. He heard my prayer, and I am so thankful that He chose to send you.
Cute Valentines Day Quotes For Lovers
- “You’re always on my mind and in my heart, I love you.”
- “All I need is you to brighten my days. Happy Valentine’s Day.”
- “You stole my heart the first moment I saw you. Please keep it with you forever! Happy Valentine’s Day baby!”
- “Thank you for always being my best friend and partner in crime. Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “The best Valentine’s Day gift is to spend this romantic and special day with you. I love you! Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “Happy Valentine’s Day to the love of my life. You are my angel!”
- “Thank you for being my better half. Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “You are the kindest and most special person I’ve ever met. Will you be my Valentine? Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “I never thought that I’d find someone that makes me feel the way you do. You’re the love of my life xxx.”
- “You’re the one special person that I love and care about most. Happy Valentine’s Day.”
- “Thank you for everything. You’re my best friend and soulmate. I love you heaps. Happy Valentine’s Day.”
- “This is my heart, I love it but I love you more so I’m giving it to you.”
- “Let’s live happily ever after… together.”
- “Our love was written in the stars so let’s go to infinity and beyond together!”
- “Time after time I’ll stand by your side, I simply adore you. Happy Valentine’s Day my love!”
Valentines day Jokes
Q: What did one elephant say to another on Valentine’s Day?
A: I love you a ton!
Q: What did one squirrel say to another on Valentine’s Day?
A: I’m nuts about you!
Q: What did the stamp say to the envelope?
A: I’m stuck on you!
Q: What did the paper clip say to the magnet?
A: I find you very attractive!
Q: What did the farmer give his wife on Valentine’s Day?
A: Hogs and kisses!
Q: If I had a dollar for every time I thought of you…
A: I’d be in a higher tax bracket.
Q: What did the chocolate syrup say to the ice cream?
A: I’m sweet on you!
Q: What do you call two birds in love?
Q: What did one rabbit say to the other on Valentine’s Day?
A: Some bunny loves you!
Q: What did the man with the broken leg say to his nurse?
A: I’ve got a crutch on you!
Q: Did you hear about the romance in the tropical fish tank?
A: It was a case of guppy love.
Q: What did the bat say to their Valentine?
A: You’re fun to hang around with.
Q: What would you get if you crossed Odie with the God of love?
A: A stupid cupid!
Q: Why do skunks love Valentine’s Day?
A: Because they’re scent-imental!
Q: What did the painter say to her boyfriend?
A: I love you with all my art!